Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mural at Twee Boutique

Our new Portland home. You'll have to sit tight as we get the house in order.

Twee Mural


Twee Boutique used to be literally three doors down from my Fresno house and when I first met the owner Melanie, she mentioned wanting some text painted on her walls. Well, I got busy with work and time passed and her store was regretfully flooded ( due to some illegal construction by the landlord in the units upstairs,) and Twee was getting set to open a new shop space in downtown Fresno next to Warnors theater. I ran into Melanie during the transition and we talked about getting a mural done while they were still moving and settling into their new shop space.

Melanie has a thing for hot air balloons and animals and paper airplanes; I did some sketches and then we set to it. I loved getting to know the Twee crew and seeing customers  discover Twee for the first time.


I spent a few hours each day for about a week while the ladies unpacked and arranged the merchandise for the new shop, this was my first large project in a very long time and it felt great to be doing something new and to just be painting. April Arthop marked the grand re-opening for Twee and I was perched on my ladder for much of the event, quietly working away.


The finished project. I spent an entire Saturday detailing and finishing, although we did take a moment to check out some other sweet new shops in the area (Misc. Trading Co. and Urban Salvage, all three are must stop shops when passing through or visiting downtown Fresno.) I had a fabulous time with the ladies of Twee, making something just for them and coveting all the merchandise. Please stop in at Twee to see it in it's fullest and to pick up some local and sweet treasures.





No comments: