Saturday, January 26, 2013

Now that it's over

My dear friend Aurora Pringle was so taken with the work she wanted to do a small feature on the piece. When I had begun Hush and it still felt very new and unwieldy she mentioned that it still felt  like an extension of much of my past work.
Aurora and I have been sisters throughout our art careers, and for me, having a female peer from Fresno who has continued on with her art is a rare thing indeed.  She's been one of the few to witness my undocumented progression into installation works. That have been in constant creation and display in all my homes over the last 6 years or so. My fascination with large sculptural works began with the stainless steel wine tanks at the Quady Winery in Madera where I collaborated with the talented Ryan Tallman to incorporate soundtracks that resonated the tanks. The physical limitations required a more in depth interaction and contemplation of the work that I really enjoyed mulling over.
A huge thank you to Aurora for some very thoughtful questions.
 You can click here to jump to her interview.




No comments: